Click on a topic below to learn more:
What To Do When You Are Depressed
1. Motion creates positive emotion. Try to do some type of physical activity you enjoy daily.
2. Put on your favorite song.
3. Write a letter or call a friend.
4. Write down five things you are thankful for.
5. Take ten long deep breaths.
6. Think about a time when you were really happy.
7. Avoid sugar and caffeine. Start eating healthier whole foods and it will help how you feel.
8. Pamper yourself. Take a nice long bath while listening to soothing music.
9. Read the bible and pray.
10. Hug someone today. It will change your well-being.
Tips For Weight Loss
1. Eat six small meals a day.
2. Eat plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables.
3. Cut down on white refined sugar and caffeine, such as colas and coffee.
4. Reduce your intake of bread and pasta, especially those made with bleached white flour.
5. Try not to eat past 7 p.m.
6. It is better to broil or grill foods. Eliminate as many fried foods as possible.
7. Choose 100% pure virgin olive oil over other vegetable oils.
8. Eliminate artificial, "junk" foods. Replace them with healthy alternatives.
9. Keep a food diary.
10. Plan your menu of meals for the week in advance.
Helpful Tips To Reduce Stress
1. Avoid eating sugar, caffeine, and chemical foods.
2. Focus on natural forms of food. Bring a bag of fresh fruit and cut up vegetables to snack on during the workday. Learn to take health breaks instead of coffee breaks.
3. Exercise at least 3 times a week. Pick something that you enjoy doing! Bring a pair of comfortable shoes to walk during your lunch break.
4. Practice deep breathing exercises you can do even when sitting in traffic on the freeway or sitting at your desk at work.
5. Keep a water bottle on your desk to drink throughout the day.
6. During breaks do shoulder shrugs and neck stretches. Take mini stretch breaks throughout the day.
7. Keep a positive mental attitude. Look in the mirror every morning and tell yourself I look good, feel good and am going to have a great day!
8. Pamper yourself. Taking a bath with epsom salts will act as a natural muscle relaxer and reduce stress.